Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Scanner book club in English signup closes in a few hours!

(in German: sign up for German Scanner book club in two weeks!! Title: Du musst dich nicht entscheiden, wenn du tausend Träume hast )

My apologies for this last-minute post.

I think the best thing you can do is just go here   http://barbarasclub.com/bookclub/r2c2014/     and see what you think - and I'm afraid you'll have to think fast or wait a year (because I've been so rushed I didn't have time to put it up here at all - sob! I am ashamed!!)

http://barbarasclub.com/bookclub/r2c2014/

Here's an answer I just sent to someone who wrote me, trying to figure out what to do with her life (she had 'too many interests'). I haven't yet gotten her permission to use her letter, but I can show you my answer. If you know nothing about Scanners, or Refuse to Choose, (aka: What Do I Do When I Want To Do Everything?) or this coming book club, it will explain some additional things:
......................................
Hi M:

This isn't spam, it's me, Barbara Sher, writing you, M. I just got your email. You wrote at the right time, but you have to look at this right away: it's the Refuse to Choose book club, and you have only until midnight in NY tonight!  to join (or wait a year). http://barbarasclub.com/bookclub/r2c2014/

This isn't a sales pitch. You just happened to show up at the last minute.

I think the Refuse to Choose book club could be exactly what you're looking for:

1) Time to look things over (16 weeks, or longer if you need it)

2) Other creative and multi-talented people to hang out with for that time

3) Support for actually doing the exercises, and learning important new self-management skills

4) A chance to figure out what drives you (which is what you'll never get bored with and can be a permanent profession).

I think you should really consider showing up. It might make all the difference in the world and be exactly what you're looking for.

But don't wait! The cutoff time is under 20 hours away:    http://barbarasclub.com/bookclub/r2c2014/

No comments: