Monday, September 1, 2014

Find your fellow Scanners!! First Ever Scanners Book Club! starts Sep 17.

This is a newsletter going out today. In case you're not on my mailing list, I thought you might want to see it. We won't be doing another book club for Scanners for at least a year.

If you've been looking for other Scanners, here they are! 
..........................................................
Scanners Book Club!

What Do I Do When I Want to Do Everything?  That's the title my UK publisher gave my US book Refuse to Choose, and I loved it! The subtitle is "A Revolutionary Programme for Doing Everything That You Love."

If that title grabs you too, there is a good chance you are what I call a Scanner. You check out knowledge, adventures and careers the way a bee checks out flowers. You probably catch a lot of flak for doing that, unfortunately; people are smarter when it comes to bees: no one ever says, "Bad bee!"

In the US, the paperback version is Refuse to Choose! Use All of Your Interests, Passions, and Hobbies to Create the Life and Career of Your Dreams. That says it pretty well too. You don't have to go hungry or homeless to fit all your loves into one lifetime.

If you are a Scanner yourself, or if you're a life coach or a Sher Success Teams leader who helps Scanners, this special book club is for you.

And you have only a short time to decide.

Remember back in May, when Patty Newbold came to me with the idea for a book club to help those who wanted to do more than just read I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was - they wanted to slow down and actually do the exercises?  I said yes right away, but neither of us was prepared for the hugely successful results! We had a response so big that Patty created smaller groups so people could work together. Even more surprising, the personal work everyone was doing paid off in ways no one could have imagined. From the first day we were getting daily reports of incredibly profound insights and a kind of mutual encouragement that isn't possible for solo readers. Discussing the results with fellow members was powerful, even life-changing.

I never would have completed the exercises without this book club!
- Beverley Anne

Thank you Patty, You've made my day too. : )  *tears*  Your response clarifies and validates so much for me.  Your words are never forgotten....I also want to thank you, Barbara Sher....I can only imagine the effects and changes which will come about from your work.
- Michelle

Thank goodness for this book club. I'm inspired by the stories and visions of others here to find out and do something about it.
- Christine

I'm convinced that readers of Refuse to Choose need the same opportunity. The readers are people with 'too many interests' (that's in quotes because I don't believe it's possible to have too many interests!). I've gotten hundreds of letters from people saying how fantastic it felt to realize there is nothing at all wrong with them. That's a breakthrough on its own.

But I've gotten lots of emails from readers who want to know where they fit, what types of Scanners they are, what kinds of careers are right for them, and more. That's why I've added new material for this book club! My publishers were as generous as they could be, but they had page limits that didn't allow everything I wanted readers to have. (One brilliant admirer, a professional indexer, gave me the gift of a complete index of  the book and you'll be the first readers to see it!)

We're starting this book club very soon!!
I want you to have the chance to read and do the exercises in Refuse to Choose in the company of others just like you. You'd be surprised how many Scanners used to think they were the only ones in the universe before they read Refuse to Choose. I know that doesn't feel so good, but that ends with this book club!

The reading begins on September 18, 2014 and continues for 16 weeks, through January 6. Please pay attention to these directions: If you want to be a member, you have until 11:59 pm, NY time, on September 17 to sign up!


http://barbarasclub.com/bookclub/r2c2014/

Once again, Patty Newbold will be your guide. (You probably know Patty: a Success Teams leader for the past 10 years, designer of Success Teams by Phone, and my international director of Success Teams. She has worked with me on my US WriteSpeak retreats, and she's the brains behind my beloved subscription site, Hanging Out with Barbara Sher.)

Everyone who completes the book club will once again receive a Certificate of Completion.  All Success Teams leaders who participate actively and complete the course will be specially noted on the Success Teams website.

And remember, this time there is MORE!
Brand new exercises I created to suppement the ones in the book
Quizzes to help you figure out what sort of Scanner you are (and what careers are best for you).
A professional and thorough index to the hardcover version of Refuse to Choose
We'll be keeping the discussion groups smaller this time, with 35 members per group. We tried several  sizes last time, and this size should be optimum.

The price is exactly the same: $77. So is the guarantee: If you don't like the format, you can get a full refund through the last day of the first week.

You have to do it on time. (I sure hope you open this newsletter when you see it in your inbox!!)

If you want to be ready for a really successful Scanner year in 2015 sign up!


http://barbarasclub.com/bookclub/r2c2014/


I don't want to nag, but please do it by 11:59 pm EDT on September 17. Late arrivals will have at least a year's wait. (I read every plea of every latecomer to the last book club and it killed me to say no to so many of them. I love you guys. Don't do this to me!)

Okay, you know what to do. Let's go.

No comments: