Friday, November 24, 2006

Until I remember how to do attractive links

...here is a Scanner visit I made randomly, to the Antarctic: http://davidruth.blogspot.com/

Some of the snapshots of the interior scenes with people and brightly painted machinery make you feel like you're there. The glacier photos are too small and their subject too magnificent to have the same effect.

I've been being a SuperScanner lately, finding wonderful, copyright-free illustrations from children's books (see below)

And I've spent way too much time on the Gutenberg project site, which, if you don't already know about it, don't ask. It will ruin any Scanner's life for sure.

Also way too much on abebooks and alibris looking for books for another of my blogs (never mind).

I'm surfing, almost for the first time, it being Thanksgiving vacation and the only phone calls are from computers trying to sell something (a New Yorker's version of a quiet time) and having done good work on the proposal and even on the outline.

But the sun is shiniing this day after Thanksgiving, so I'm driven outside for a walk. Here are a couple of illustrations. I've always loved illustrations from kid's books:


1 comment:

Pat said...

Wow-thanks so much for the link to Antarctica! If you're interested here's a great link (great photos) to Tibet that I've come across: http://www.kekexili.typepad.com